Connect Xbox One Wireless Controller To PC: Several PC games let you play with an Xbox Wireless Controller instead of a keyboard or mouse. You can connect your controller to a Windows PC by using a USB cable, the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows or over Bluetooth. Some PC too gets with Xbox Wireless built in so you can connect a controller directly without an adapter. In this article, we will discuss how to connect Xbox one Controller to PC.
Xbox One Controller To Windows 10 PC :
Option 1. USB:
By USB you can use the Xbox one Controller to Windows 10 PC. Just plug a USB charging cable into the front of the controller and plug the other end into your PC. With the help of USB connection, you can join 8 Xbox Wireless Controller at the same time or 4 controllers that have Xbox Chat Headset attached to Xbox Wireless. If the controllers had Xbox stereo Headsets, only 2 can be connected at the same time.
Option 2. Xbox Wireless:
- On your Pc go to setting on your device.
- Choose Add Bluetooth or other devices.
- Select Everything else.
- Select Xbox Wireless Controller.
- Click on Done option.
With Xbox Wireless connection you can join 8 Xbox Wireless controller at the same time or 4 Xbox chat Headset attached to Xbox Wireless. If the controllers have Xbox Stereo Headset, Only 2 can connect at the same time.
- The Xbox Wireless Adapter for Window is not available in all markets.
- When Airplane mode is on the Xbox Accessories radio is turned off by failure. You will require to turn it back on if you want to use this function while in Airplane mode.
Option 3. Bluetooth:
Via Bluetooth Xbox one Wireless Controller may support your PC. Your controller has this case if it seems like the one on the bottom in this model. On Bluetooth supported controller the plastic around the Xbox button is part of the face of the controller. On controller without the Bluetooth, the plastic around the Xbox button is the frame of the top where the bumpers are.
- Bluetooth needs a PC running the Windows 10 version.
- For the best performance updates your controller.
- Bluetooth is supported on PC, Tablets, and Laptops. It is not supported on the mobile device.
- Bluetooth does not support any attachments such as the headset, chatpad or Xbox Stereo Adapter.
- We suggest connecting only one controller at the time of using Bluetooth.
Follow these steps to pair your controller with your PC using Bluetooth:
- First, make sure that you have updated your PC to the Windows 10 version.
- For best performance update your controller.
- Turn on your Xbox Wireless Controller by pressing the Xbox button.
- Press the controller bind button for 3 seconds and release the button.
- On your Pc select start then Setting> device> Bluetooth and other devices.
- Turn on Bluetooth so your PC can find Bluetooth device.
- Select Xbox Wireless Controller > pair.
Xbox One Controller To Windows 8.1 And Windows 7:
While you connect an Xbox Wireless controller to your Windows 8.1 or Windows 7 PC with a micro USB cable, Windows will automatically download and install the driver for the controller. If windows are not set to automatically Download device software you can check updated through Device Manager.
Update drive through Device Manager:
How to check for updates manually in the Device Manager.
- Look at the lower right corner of your screen move the mouse pointer up and then select Search.
- Enter Device Manager in the search box then selects Device Manager.
- Locate and expand Microsoft Xbox One Controller.
- Right-Click the expanded Microsoft Xbox One Controller and choose Update Driver Software.
- Select Search Automatically for Updated Software.
With Xbox Wireless or USB connection, you can connect 4 Xbox at the same time. You won’t get audio through the controller so there is no need to connect a headset. Bluetooth connection is not supported.
- If the Controller does not answer try a different micro USB cable.
- To manage your Xbox Wireless Controller with your console after doing it with a PC you must re-sync the controller to the console. You can do this with the help of the wireless sync button or a USB cable.
- This data applies only to Xbox One Wireless Controller.
We hope you come to know how to connect Xbox one controller to windows Pc. If you have any queries regarding this article, let us know in comment section.