The Startup folder is a function that handles various startup programs in Windows operating system. Microsoft has released a slew of versions for Windows OS and currently, we are using Windows 10 OS. In the previous versions of Windows, one can view the startup folder right on the desktop screen. On Windows 7 and Windows XP, you can easily access the startup folder just by typing MSConfig or via the start menu. Are you aware of the location of startup folder in Windows 8 or Windows 10?
There is a slight variation between the previous versions of Windows and the Windows 8 OS. On Windows 8 version, you can find a modernized Metro Start Menu referred as Start Screen. It comprises of numerous default and newly installed apps, desktop apps, PC settings, audio and video player and a lot more. Despite the start screen of Windows 8 remains as a fundamental menu to most of the apps, it is pretty arduous to explore programs and folders easily.
In such a situation, the only solution is to navigate to the Windows Startup folder in a manual way. The users of Windows 8 need to pin the Startup folder at the taskbar or the start screen to access the items a bit faster. Where is the Startup folder in Windows 8/10? If you are not sure about it, this article is here that explains you the detailed guide on how to find the location of the startup folder in Windows 8 or 10.
Windows 8/Windows 10 Startup Folder Location
In general, on Windows 8/10, you can locate the startup folder in two different ways. One is through the manual directory or path on Windows. The other way is by using the shell command.
- Initially, follow the path as provided below to find the location of the startup folder.
Using Shell Command
- In order to find the location of Startup folder in Windows 8/10, you can use the shell command.
- Open Run window just by entering RUN in the taskbar search. Otherwise, simply hit Ctrl + R.
- You can then type the command provided below.
- In the Run window, you need to enter or type shell:startup in the empty field.
- Hit OK button.
- You can then find the startup folder on the screen.
- The users can easily add shortcuts to the programs that you wish to start along with Windows in the folder.
How to Pin Startup Folder to Start Menu or Desktop?
By bringing startup folder to the desktop, the users can easily access different apps and programs without any hassle. If you are seeking to bring the startup folder to the start menu on your Windows 8/10, you need to follow the simple steps provided below.
- First of all, navigate to the startup folder and tap the option ‘Programs’.
- You can then find the Startup folder and right click on it.
- From the list of options, you need to hit ‘Pin to Start’ option.
- Immediately, the startup folder will move to the start menu on your Windows 10 or 8 PC.
- If you want to bring the startup folder to the desktop of your Windows 10/8 PC, just follow the simple steps provided below.
- You can then right-click on Startup option.
- Hit Send to option and select ‘Desktop (create shortcut) option.
That’s it! This is the easy process to find the location of startup folder on your Windows 10 and Windows 8 PC.
How to Add & Edit Apps to Startup Folder?
Unlike Windows 7, the Windows 8 operating system doesn’t display the startup items in the start menu. The System Configuration Utility is usually referred to as msconfig.exe. The Startup tab comprises a link to Windows 8 Task Manager and the startup window consists of the various system and user startup apps and scripts.
- In the System Configuration window, go to Startup section in the Task Manager window.
- The Task Manager allows the users to organize various startup items with much ease.
- It provides the details concerning the startup item like the name of the publisher, status and it impacts.
- Just right click that particular item that lets the users disable the startup item.
- Navigate to the source path of the item, check Properties and begin the online search to know more details.
Wrapping Up: That’s it! This is everything you need to know about the Startup folder on Windows 8 and Windows 10 devices. This guide has given you the method to know the location of startup folder on different versions of Windows platform.