How To Delete or Hide Profile Picture on Windows 10: Since you have been using Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 these days, you might have changed the profile picture very efficiently. Those who have switched to Windows 10 may not be able to delete the profile picture on Windows 10 due to various reasons. Whenever you try to log in your computer or Laptop, your device screen shows the list of user accounts with a profile picture screening. You can find the same account details on the start menu where you can switch the account for which you have the log in details. People often love to change profile picture on Windows due to multiple reasons. In such cases, you need to know the methods to remove or delete Profile picture on Windows 10.
How To Delete Profile Picture on Windows 10:
To delete Profile Picture on Windows 10, you need to know the picture storage point of Windows 10. Generally, Windows 10 stores all the user account pictures in the hidden account folders. It is not much easier to navigate those files when you dont know where they are hidden. You can access any folders on your PC in File Explorer window. To locate and delete Profile Picture on Windows 10, follow the steps stated below. If you have been changing Profile picture for numbers of time, your device will show the account pictures that you have assigned previously. Those who are not willing to use the pictures might be willing to delete those profile pictures on Windows 10.
- Open your PC or Laptop settings and then choose your account where you can find the details of your account.
- Now switch to File Manager to delete the existing profile picture on Windows 10.
- Tap on the address bar and enter C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\AccountPictures and wait for the PC to respond to your command.
- Then it shows all the images that you have assigned before and the present profile picture on your Windows 10.
- Now delete all the pictures that you see in Accounts section by tapping the Shift+Delete button.
- Open profile picture settings on your PC and then you can find your Profile picture deleted on Windows 10.
Hide Profile Picture on Windows 10:
Instead of deleting your account profile picture on Windows 10, you can hide it from displaying on your PC screen. People often search for the ways to hide profile picture on Windows 10 rather than deleting it. Check out the steps stated here to hide your profile picture on Windows 10.
- First of all, open File Manager on your PC or Laptop.
- Now search for profile picture window if you know the location of “User Account Pictures” on your PC.
- If you don’t know the picture location then type “C:\ProgramData\Microsodt\User Account Pictures” in the address bar.
- Now your Windows device displayed all the profile pictures that you have assigned till the date in an order.
- Cleaning of cached images will remove the copy of those files and make it invisible on your PC.
- Enter C:\Users\Public\AccountPictures in the address bar again so that you can clear the cache of your profile pictures.
- Rename the folder with any other different name so that any other user may not be able to find the files.
- You can delete those pictures by taking the ownership or else hide it by renaming the respective folder.
- Turn off and restart your computer so that the changes you made can be easily identified(Your account login does not show any picture).
Hope you have successfully deleted your picture by following the guide provided above. Hide or delete your Profile Picture on Windows 10 by following the steps stated above. Facing any errors? Then drop your comment by elaborating your error in the comment box provided below.