How To Remove Sim Card on an iPhone or iPad: All the iPhones and iPads come with a SIM card slots on either of the sides. A SIM card is a carrier which provides all the information regarding your device and needs to access the voice and data services linked to your network. You would like to change your mobile devices and needs to keep existing information as it is. There is a possibility to remove the SIM card from your iPhone and insert it in the another phone. With a special SIM remover tool, you can get a SIM card out of an iPhone. In some cases, even with a paper clip, you can remove SIM but this exactly depends on model of iPhone.
What You Need To Remove The SIM Card on an iPhone or iPad:
Only the thing you need to remove a SIM card on your iPhone or iPad is an Apple SIM card removal tool or small bent paper clip. In some countries especially when you buy the unlocked device includes the tool in the box. If you use a paper clip arrange to the long end until it pitches out.
Or else if you are using other like the small screwdriver tip make sure that it fits into your SIM ejector slot. For this, you not needed to destroy your device.
Location of SIM Tray on iPhone or iPad:
After removing or transferring your SIM card try to insert the tray completely in the same orientation that you removed as before. Use the SIM tray which comes along with your device only.
To open your device SIM tray insert a paper clip or SIM ejector tool in the hole beside the tray. To locate your SIM tray find your device model from below.
- SIM Tray On Side: For iPhone 7 Plus, 7, 6s Plus, 6s, 6 Plus, 6, SE, 5s, 5c, 5, 4s and 4 GSM Model you can have the SIM tray on side of your iPhone.
- SIM Tray On Top: For the devices such as iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G and Original iPhone you can have the SIM tray on the top of your iPhone.
For the opening of your device SIM tray insert a paper clip or SIM eject tool into the hole beside tray. To locate your SIM tray find your device model from below.
- SIM Tray On The Right Side Near The Bottom: For iPad Pro, Air 2, Air, mini 4, mini 3, mini 2, mini and 5th Generation you can have the SIM tray on the right side near the bottom for your iPad.
- SIM Tray On Left Side Near The Top: For the devices such as iPad 4th and 3rd generation, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G(GSM Model) can have the SIM tray on the left side near the top on iPad.
- On iPad Wi-Fi + 3G you can find the SIM tray on the left side near the bottom.
How To Remove The SIM Card on an iPhone or iPad:
By using a special removal tool you can remove the SIM card on an iPhone or iPad when you bought a new device. If you lost the original removal tool you may refer to a paperclip with a careful operation.
- Insert a small paperclip or removal tool where bent earlier into a small pinhole for SIM tray opening.
- Only cellular iPads have SIM trays which locate on the left side and for iPhone, the SIM tray is located on the right side.
- Apply a pretty amount of pressure until or unless the SIM tray pops out of the iPhone or iPad.
- You need not apply pressure at an angle only apply in the pin hole direction.
- Hold the SIM tray and get out it in a straight way.
- Re inserts SIM card into SIM tray of your new device.
- Make sure that SIM has placed in the correct orientation.
After installing and inserting the SIM card into your new iPhone or iPad and then you can start customizing your new device. Never insert a SIM tray with much force while replacing back to its position.
The information that I have mentioned here might be helpful to remove SIM card on an iPhone or iPad. Be sure that you are inserting a tool or paperclip straightly in a pin hole. If you have any doubts regarding this issues can comment us below.