How To Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10: Windows or Microsoft Windows are nothing but a family of graphic operating systems. Recently a new version of Windows for PC, Tablets, Smartphones comes with a Windows 10 Operating System. After the release of Windows 10, the developers have received almost the positive reviews. Windows 10 included many new features but tons of useless apps makes the device performance work slow. One of the applications which slow downs the device is Photos app. Hope you have already might know about the features of photo application before. But the Photo app crashes for photo viewing experience which lags and slows the system. This lacks mainly its predecessor performance known as Windows Photo Viewer. If you are worried about the default photo app then you need to have an idea how to restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10 by this article.
Windows Photo Viewer:
Windows Photo Viewer is nothing but an image viewer which includes the Windows NT family of Operating Systems. In the latest version of Windows 10, the Photo viewer application can be known as Photo app through Window store. The main feature of photo viewer is able to show individual pictures, display all the pictures in a slideshow, orient the pictures in 90 degrees, and send them in an email or print them either directly or via online print service.
The Windows Photo Viewer supports images almost in all formats such as BMP, JPEG, JPEG XR, PNG, TIFF file formats.
While the Windows 10 comes with the Window Photo Viewer which includes the users for only to view files. For this recent version, Windows doesn’t have a choice to set Window Photo Viewer as a default software. But there is a chance to set photo viewer app as a default app on your device.
Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10:
You are required to have administrative rights for this process. So make sure that you are logged in as a user with the administrator.
- Download the Windows Photo Viewer enabler registry file from the browser.
- Once the download completes double click the file to run.
- Now you will move into a new Window as A User Account Control.
- This Window asks whether you want to allow the app to make changes to your device.
- Then just click on “Yes” to continue.
- You may see a dialog box on your screen now.
- This notifies to warn you about adding changes to the Window registry.
- Just click on “Yes” to continue your registry file to edit.
- Now your program will proceed to make changes in the registry file.
- Once the completion it shows the dialog box with all the keys and values added successfully to the registry file.
- Here you need to click on “OK” to close the Window.
- Open the Start Menu icon on your device.
- Search for the “Default App Settings” once you find the search results click to enter the default apps menu.
- Once you are in the default apps menu.
- Scroll down for “Photo Viewer” option.
- Click on “Choose a default” icon.
- Depending on your previous preference you may have a different app underneath this icon.
- You may find a pop-up menu and will get open now.
- Click to select the “Windows Photo Viewer”.
- Finally “Windows Photo Viewer” is now set as a default photo viewing application on your device.
- Now open any photo on your device which automatically opens in Windows Photo Viewer.
The information that I have mentioned here might be helpful to restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10. You can all type of pictures files in anuy format with the Windows photo viewer. If you have any doubts regarding this issues can comment us below.