How To Install Themes in Android Oreo: One of the best Android version Oreo was released recently after applying many techniques. Now the other thing which makes you excited was full fledged theme engine stock feature on Android without root. Mainly many users love to theme their devices. From this guide, you may aware of the Substratum which has proven for the best way to theme up your device. You can easily install custom themes on your running Android device without varying from stock aspects. For Android Oreo, it is required to access the root. Or else if you have a device which runs on latest OS from Google but you don’t want to root your device. In those cases have a glance at the article to know about how to install themes in Android Oreo without root.
Install Themes in Android Oreo:
The theme on Android began with RRO for the first time and later evolved into OMS with easier support and customization. But the Android Oreo uses OMS and Substratum for making right use to provide system theme support. Substratum theme engine also supports Android Oreo without no root. The extension of the main theme for Substratum engine was now known as Andromeda.
How To Setup Andromeda App and Desktop Client:
- Open “Settings” on your device.
- Scroll down and click to open “System settings”.
- Click on About Phone.
- Scroll down and click on “Build number” for 7 times.
- Until you see a notification on your device screen as “You are a developer now”.
- Now go back to your System settings and will notify the new developer options.
- Click to open “Developer Options”.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode and confirm it by clicking OK.
- Now download and install the Andromeda application on your device which is a paid version from the Google Play Store.
- Now you should see a “Connection Status” as “Disconnected”.
- Connect your Smartphone to the PC via USB Cable.
- Run the Andromeda client on your PC which was downloaded earlier.
- Setup Andromeda Desktop Client on Mac: Go to the folder where the Andromeda client was downloaded and double-click on “AndromedaClient Mac 3.2.dmg” and now it will open a new mac installer window.
- Click to select the disk image of Andromeda desktop client.
- Click on “Continue” and select “Andromeda” from the Devices list.
- Finally, you will receive a confirmation message and click on Done.
- Setup Andromeda Desktop Client on Windows: Run the downloaded file “start_andromeda.bat”. A command prompt will launch on the window.
- Press a key inside the CMD window to setup and do rest of the work.
- Setup Andromeda Desktop Client On Linux: Run the script file “start_andromeda.sh” which you have been downloaded on your desktop.
- Now it will launch a Terminal window where a bunch of commands is running.
- After desktop setup client automatically initiates the Substratum theme engine.
- Now go to the app drawer and launch the Andromeda application.
- The connection status can be seen now as “Connection Status” as “Connected”.
- Finally, you have successfully setup Andromeda on your PC and device.
How To Install Themes On Android Oreo Without Root:
For installing a theme on Android Oreo you can search in Google Play Store for Substratum themes. Only the themes of OMS will work on your device.
- Click to open app drawer on your device.
- Open “Google Play Store”.
- Search for the Substratum Android Oreo Black theme.
- Download and install the app.
- Once the theme has installed on the phone go to the app drawer.
- Launch the “Substratum”.
- Browse the themes which you are installed and click to select your theme.
- The two tabs will be opened as OVERLAY MANAGER and WALLPAPERS.
- In Overlay Manager, you can see all the applications and services to modify a specific theme.
- Either you can select all the options by enabling “Toggle all” or select the apps and services to which you need to apply a theme in an individual way.
- Finally, click on paint roller option on the bottom right of theme window.
- A number of options can be pop up.
- Click to select the “Build and Enable” option.
- After this, you can see a notification on Overlay Manager as the theme being installed.
- The installation time varies based on the number of overlay options you have selected.
- After installation of theme exit Substratum.
- You are required to restart your device for a few specific overlays.
- Enjoy cool themes on Android Oreo for your PC or Android Operating System.
How To Disable Theme On Android Oreo:
If you would like to change your theme to a different one you need to disable the current theme in Substratum. Before this, you need to relaunch the Andromeda desktop client and click to carry its work. From the above steps follow to setup Andromeda on your device again. Go to Substratum and select theme overlays which you have applied previously and press paint roller icon. Now select disabled and restart your device.
The information that I have mentioned here might be helpful to install themes on Android Oreo using Substratum theme engine and Andromeda add-on. If you have any doubts regarding this issues can comment us below.