Kodi Chromecast: Most of the streaming applications access for low costs such as Netflix, Amazon Prime and much more on PC or Smartphones. If you want to watch the Kodi on your living room TV instead of smart TV you should have a latest Google Streaming media device. However, a Chromecast can be installed with Kodi. ChromeCast is an amazing streaming device for Google media applications like Youtube to support. But the Kodi doesn’t support media applications. There are many ways to stream Kodi on Chromecast either on your PC or Tablet or Smartphone. So, today I am going to discuss the three various streaming ways for Kodi to Chromecast. Have a glance at the blog and choose the best one which suits you.
What is Chromecast:
Chromecast is a streaming media from Google that allows accessing the online content such as videos and music on a smart TV in a low-price. Easily takes the video playing on your device and reaches directly into your TV wirelessly with a Wi-Fi.
The main reason to use Chromecast with Kodi is that allows a full advantage of your media hardware. As there are many streaming devices Chromecast is the cheaper and easy to use. The only thing you have to do is connect your Smartphone or PC to your TV. Chromecast competes with the other streaming devices as Roku and Apple TV which offers many features than Kodi with a high cost.
What is Kodi:
Kodi is a free and open source software allows accessing the online content which is designed especially for the entertainment. As it comes with an own user interface and works on both the local and network storage services you are using. To enhance your Kodi experience some of the third party add-ons can be used.
Kodi lets you stream and record the live from its software. This software runs on all platforms like Windows, Android, iOS, Linux, Mac OS and Raspberry Pi. Only to use in the living room Kodi was designed and to have this on iOS you need to jailbreak your device. A safe and legal software to stream the online content.
How To Stream Kodi To Chromecast:
There are three ways to stream Kodi on Chromecast and stated below. Have a glance at them and choose the best one that suits your device.
- Running Kodi in the background using an Android Smartphone or Tablet.
- Using the Chromecast application on your Android device.
- Using the Chromecast application on your Mac or PC.
1: Run Kodi in Background Using an Android Smartphone or Tablet
One of the best method for streaming Kodi to Chromecast as it is light on your Android device’s battery. Even though your device is locked Chromecast streams the video to play by this method.
- A few applications need to be installed on your Android device like ES File Explorer, Kodi, LocalCast, and XML file PlayerFactory Core.
- Open ES File Explorer.
- Click on “Settings”.
- Open “Display Settings” and make sure that you have enabled “Show hidden files”.
- Make sure that the Kodi or XBMC media center is connected to Kodi application.
- Go to “File Explorer” and open the download folder.
- Search for the PlayerFactoryCore.xml file which you have been downloaded earlier.
- Copy the PlayerFactoryCore.xml file and navigate for the Android>Data.
- Search for “org.xbmc.kodi” or “org.xbmc.xbmc” depends on the stream you use but for Kodi will be as “org.xbmc.kodi”.
- Open Files>Kodi or .xbmc from the stream you depend on.
- Click on “Userdata” folder.
- Paste the PlayerFactoryCore.xml file in the userdata folder.
- Open the Kodi application and play any video which you want to watch.
- Kodi launches the LocalCast automatically where the Android asks you to choose the casting app which you would like to use.
- Once loaded it prompts to press play and ask for the device which you would like to stream.
- Click to “Play” once again and finally, that should be played on your Chromecast connected TV.
- At last, your Kodi video will play on the Chromecast connected TV.
- Minimize the LocalCast application and lock your Android device while watching the video on the Chromecast.
2: Using the Chromecast Application on Your Android Device
- Install “Kodi” and “Chromecast” application on your Android device.
- Open the “Chromecast” application.
- Tap on the “menu” and select the “Cast screen/audio” option.
- Follow the instructions to connect to your ChromeCast.
- A prompt says “Screencasting is not optimized for this device; your experience may vary”.
- Ignore it and select “OK”.
- The Chromecast device interface should be reflected on your connected Chromecast TV.
- Open “Kodi” application.
- Select any video which you want to watch and click on Play.
- This method lets you stream Kodi to Chromecast but you cant unlock your smartphone or take any calls or anything that happens on your Android device.
- The video playback is very smooth but Chromecast stream is quite laggy.
3: Using The Chromecast Application on Your PC or Mac
Streaming the Kodi content to Chromecast is not as difficult as you think on a PC or Mac. So here is the detailed explanation of how to stream Kodi to Chromecast using a PC or Mac.
- Install the Kodi application on your PC or Mac.
- Download the “Chrome” and the Google Chromecast.
- Install Chrome and its Chromecast extension.
- Open “Chrome”.
- Select the “Cast” from Chromecast extension.
- A notification can be seen as “Cast this tab to…” and then click on the right icon of a small drop-down button.
- From the menu click and select “Cast entire screen(experimental)”.
- You may find the options such as share your entire screen or might open the different tabs in Chrome.
- Select “Entire screen”.
- Once done your entire PC or Mac desktop should stream on your TV.
- Open “Kodi” application.
- Select the video which you want to watch and click on Play.
The information that I have mentioned here might be helpful to stream Kodi to Chromecast by three various ways on your devices. Follow any one of the methods which suit the best on your device. If you have any doubts regarding this issues can comment us below.