Skype Problem With Playback Device on windows 10: If you are having an issue with playback device on Skype you should try disabling and enabling your speaker. Just follow the steps.You may come across so many problems on your windows. For example, if we take skype application it may come with different problems that may be audio or playback device etc. We suggest a tool to solve your windows PC problems that tool is ReimagePlus. In this article, we are going to discuss the skype problem with playback device on windows 10.
For various Pc problem we suggest Reimage tool:
The Reimageplus tool will repair common computers errors protect you from file loss, malware, hardware failure and optimize your PC for maximum performance. It quickly fixes the PC issues and prevents other from happening with this software.
- First download ReimagePlus.
- Then click on Start Scan to determine Windows issues that could be causing PC problems.
- To fix all the issues click on repair All.
The Skype is one of the popular messaging services certain issues can appear once in a while. The Windows 10 users have been reported that they had a problem on a playback device for this problem we had the solution.
The playback problem has been troublesome time as you won’t hear the voice of another person in the call but you can fix these problems by below one of our solutions so go through it to solve your problem.
- 1 Skype Problem With Playback Device on Windows 10 Solutions:
- 1.0.1 Solution 1 . Delete Audio Device:
- 1.0.2 Solution 2. Temporarily Disable Audio Device:
- 1.0.3 Solution 3. Restart Skype:
- 1.0.4 Solution 4. Make Sure The Correct Playback Device is Set in Skype:
- 1.0.5 Solution 5. Uncheck Automatically Adjust Speaker Settings:
- 1.0.6 Solution 6. Enable and Disable Your Speaker:
- 1.0.7 Solution 7. Turn off Any Audio Programs Running in the Background:
- 1.0.8 Solution 8. Reset Skype Configuration File:
Skype Problem With Playback Device on Windows 10 Solutions:
Solution 1 . Delete Audio Device:
The problem with playback device is usually caused by your audio device. To fix this problem we advise you to uninstall your audio drive to uninstall you need to follow steps.
- Press Window Key + X and choose Device Manager from the list.
- Locate your audio device to navigate to sound, video and games controller section.
- Right-click on the audio device and choose to uninstall.
- After uninstalling the device restart your computer and Windows 10 should install it automatically.
- Check if the problem still continues
Solution 2. Temporarily Disable Audio Device:
If you are holding a problem with playback device in skype you should temporarily disable your audio device. To disable audio device temporarily you need to follow steps.
- First open Device Manager select Device Manager from the menu.
- When you open the Device Manager right click on it and choose Disable option.
- Again right-click and select Enable from the menu.
- Close Device Manager and check that problem continues.
Solution 3. Restart Skype:
Some users had a problem with the playback device that problem can be fixed just by restarting Skype. To restart Skype right-click on the Skype and select Quit. After you closed Skype start it again and check if the issue is resolved or not.
Solution 4. Make Sure The Correct Playback Device is Set in Skype:
Many users have multiple audio devices but they may select the incorrect audio device you can cause the problem with playback device in Skype. To fix this problem we suggest you select the playback device manually on skype to do this just follow this steps.
- First, open Skype and chose Tool> Options.
- Navigate to Audio Setting and expand Speaker section.
- Select the proper audio device and click Save option to save changes.
- Check if the problem is resolved or not. You might have to examine various different audio devices before you find the one that works for you.
Solution 5. Uncheck Automatically Adjust Speaker Settings:
Some users reported that Skype problems with playback can be fixed by turning off Automatically adjust speaker settings option. To off this option just navigate to Tools >Option>Audio settings in Skype. navigate to Speaker section uncheck Automatically adjust speaker settings and click save option to save changes.
Solution 6. Enable and Disable Your Speaker:
- Right-click the speaker icon in the bottom right corner and from the menu choose Playback device,
- Right-click on the empty space in playback device window and make sure both show disabled device and show disconnected devices are checked.
- Right-click on the Audio device and click on disable option.
- Right Click the device again and choose Enable.
- Click Apply and OK to save the changes.
Solution 7. Turn off Any Audio Programs Running in the Background:
According to the users, you can fix the problem with playback by just turning off any application that is using your sound card. Example if you have the multimedia player running in the background you might need to disable it before you start Skype call.
Solution 8. Reset Skype Configuration File:
If you are having any issue with playback device on Skype you might want to try resetting Skype configuration file. To do that go through the following steps.
- Close Skype application.
- Press Window Key + R and enter %appdata% press Enter.
- Locate Skype folder and rename it to Skype.old keep in mind that by renaming your Skype folder messages history will be transferred from Skype but it will be available on Skype.old folder.
- After you have renamed start Skype again and check if the issue is resolved or not.
we hope you understand the Skype playback problem on windows 10. If you have any queries let us know in comment section.