Stream VLC To Chromecast: In this busy world who doesn’t love for entertainment? To be free from all other things we spend some time for enjoyment. Normally many of them view movies, videos, and music in different formats either on their Smartphone or PC. This will be quite difficult to change in other modes frequently. Are you confused about the best application? If Yes, need not worry where the VLC media player is the popular application where you can play both the video and music files in one format. So today I am here to tell you how to stream from VLC to Chromecast from this article. Have a glance at the blog for more information.
VLC Media Player:
As we all know that the VLC media player is most flexible and lightweight audio and video player which supports all the formats. When compared to other which plays unusual format after downloading a codec that refuses to play things. A ton of formats can be handled by this program from MPEG to FLV and RMBV files. It also has the ability to play the videos in HD format as well as BluRay.
There is a capability to preview files that you are downloading even it plays the incomplete part of a video. Offers the best integration with video streaming services like Channels.com where you can access to channels as National Geographic and ESPN. The only thing you have to do is have a simple right-click on the playlist then select Services Discovery and Channels.com.
One of the simpler multimedia application for both the Windows and Mac. Everything can be played for free and also easy to add subtitles to the videos by adding the SRT file to a folder then it automatically play with subtitles.
Stream VLC To Chromecast:
For watching the videos in form of storable disks and a flash drive that is available for free is a VLC player. The developers are working for the support of Chromecast from much time and finally, it’s available now. Until now there is no official release of Chromecast but for the Windows, there is a possibility to stream both the files video and audio from VLC to Chromecast. At present this feature is available only for latest unstable “nightly” builds of version 3.0.
Based on your Windows operating system download and install the VLC media player for a 64-bit version or 32-bit version. If you use VLC as your default player then you might know that it is currently not supporting Chromecast for PC or Android. No need to worry there is a chance to use VLC player to watch the media content and cast it over the TV via Chromecast which annoys a bit at first. Don’t worry I will show you how to cast videos from VLC to Chromecast from your PC, Mac or Android from this blog.
How To Stream VLC To Chromecast on Windows:
Follow the steps to cast videos from VLC on PC to Chromecast without missing any of the steps.
- Download the latest version of VLC media player on your PC.
- Now make sure that your Chromecast is enabled.
- Connect the Chromecast to your TV where it is required to keep your TV on.
- From the menu items of VLC click on Video>Render>Scan option.
- It starts to scan all the nearby devices.
- After finding the Chromecast option on Render option click it.
- Now VLC will connect to your Chromecast.
- Open the video which you want to stream from VLC to Chromecast.
- When you try to play the video you may see an “Insecure site” prompt.
- Click on “View Certificate” to view your Chromecast security certificate.
- Now select the “Accept permanently” option for accepting your Chromecast certificate.
- After the agreement of certificate, the video should be immediately played on your Chromecast connected device.
How To Stream VLC To Chromecast on Android:
Streaming videos of VLC to Chromecast for Android is not available currently. By this, you have left with the two options as the search for an alternative Android video player that stream to Chromecast and other option is to have a long winded battery draining way as you need to use VLC media player. Follow the steps which are mentioned here to stream VLV for Chromecast on Android without missing any steps.
- Install the Chromecast application on your Android device.
- Connect Chromecast via USB to your TV and pair it with Chromecast application.
- Open VLC media player and start the video which you want to cast.
- Click on the Chromecast and tap on the menu option.
- Scroll down and navigate to “Cast Screen” option.
- Follow all the instructions for casting your device screen to Chromecast.
- Now get back to VLC media player where the video is playing in a full-screen mode.
- Enjoy streaming the video from VLC to Chromecast on your Android device.
How To Stream VLC To Chromecast on Mac:
There is a chance of adding Chromecast support on Mac. At present, the conditions are worse to cast video from VLC to Chromecast on Mac. If you had to cast local media files from Mac to Chromecast then there are many chances other than using VLC. For Mac users, Airflow is the free app to stream videos to Chromecast which can be used very easily. The only thing you have to do is simply drag and drop or add your videos then choose right Chromecast and click to play.
The information that I have mentioned here might be helpful to stream the content in VLC media player to Chromecast either on your PC or Android. If you have any doubts regarding this issues can comment us below. We will come across your issue and finds the better solution.