How To Take a Screenshot on Your Mac: Showing the opponents might be quite important regarding what’s on your screen. Mainly screenshot offers to share moments from your loved videos, high scores achieved in the games, and also the conversations on social networks like Facebook, WhatsApp and much more. Even though any issues or bugs faced on your Mac can be reported with a screenshot. Almost everything or anything you see on your screen can be captured is a simple process. You might be worried about how to take a screenshot either you are new to Mac or else no perfect skills with the version. So I am here to discuss with specific methods for taking a screenshot on a Mac in this blog.
- 1 How To Take a Screenshot on a Mac:
How To Take a Screenshot on a Mac:
Here are a different number of ways to take a screenshot on your Mac in straightforward. Have a glance at the blog for its detailed information.
- How to take a screenshot of your entire screen
- How to take a screenshot of a selected portion of your screen
- How to take a screenshot of a Mac window
- How to take a screenshot of a clipboard
- How to take a screenshot by using the Grab Utility Tool
1: How To Take a Screenshot of Your Entire Screen
- Open the applications and Windows you want to include in your screenshot.
- Arrange them in an order to be saved just exactly by your own way.
- Press “Command + Shift + 3” at the same time.
- A camera click sound can be heard and the screenshot appears on your desktop with the date and time.
- The screenshot appears in a “.PNG format” with the title “Screenshot(Date + Time).
- Earlier versions of Mac OS X will save as “Picture#” where # refers the screenshot number on your desktop.
- To open the screenshot have a “Double-click” on it
- “Right-click” on the image to choose “open with” or drag and drop for opening or sharing with the another application.
2: How to Take a Screenshot of a Selected Portion of Your Screen
Arrange all the applications or Windows for taking a screenshot and place them exactly in the way you need to save them.
- Press “Command + Shift + 4” at the same time.
- Move the “Crosshair” cursor at a corner of the area you want to capture.
- Drag to select an area and “click and hold”.
- While dragging you can hold the “Shift”, “Option” or “Spacebar” for changing the way of selection moves.
- After selecting the area you want for a screenshot, release the mouse or trackpad button.
- To cancel press “Esc” key before releasing the button.
- The area which is contained in the outline will be taken as a screenshot.
- A camera click sound can be heard and the screenshot appears on your desktop in a “.PNG format” with the title “Screenshot(Date + Time).
- To open the screenshot have a “Double-click” on it.
- “Right-click” on the image and choose “Open with” or drag and drop for opening and sharing the screenshot with another application.
3: How to Take a Screenshot of a Mac Window
- Open the Window you want to screenshot.
- Press “Command + Shift + 4” at the same time.
- The cursor turns in to “Crosshair”.
- Press the “Spacebar”.
- Your cursor will turn into a “Camera”.
- Move the Camera cursor on the top of the window you want to screenshot.
- The window will be seen in “Tint Blue” so that you can make sure it’s the right one.
- Click to take the screenshot by releasing the mouse or trackpad button.
- Press “Esc” key to cancel before you click to screenshot.
- A camera click sound can be heard and the screenshot appears in a “.PNG format” on your desktop with the title “Screenshot(Date + Time)”.
- “Double-click” on the screenshot to open.
- “Right-click” on the image to choose “Open with” or drag and drop for opening and sharing the screenshot with another application.
For taking a screenshot of a specific drop-down menu you can use this method. Where the menu only gets captured.
4: How to Take a Screenshot of Your Clipboard
- Exactly set your screenshot to capture and saved on your desktop.
- Press “Command + Shift + Control + 3” at the same time to screenshot the whole screen to your clipboard.
- Press ” Command + Shift + Control + 4″ at the same time to screenshot an area.
- Or else press “Spacebar” to screenshot a specific window to your clipboard.
- Go to your Image Editor or Word Document and use the command “Control + V” or choose “Paste” to paste your screenshot.
- Your screenshot will be copied from the clipboard into a window.
5: How to take a screenshot by using Grab Utility Tool
- Go to the “Applications>Utilities>Grab”.
- Grab application will be opened and the menus can be shown on the upper left of your screen and no window will be opened.
- Click on the “Grab” application.
- Tap on “Capture” menu and choose any option from the four different options listed.
- To screenshot the entire screen click on “Screen” or from the keyboard Press ” Apple Key + Z”.
- A “Window” will pop up to click and make you know that it doesn’t appear on the screenshot.
- Click on “Selection” for taking a screenshot of an area on your screen.
- Drag your mouse to select the area you want to capture.
- For taking a screenshot of specific window select “Window” and then click on Window you would like to take a screenshot.
- A new window opens to save the screenshot so choose “Save as” for giving a different name.
- This screenshot can be saved only in a .TIFF format where it cant be saved automatically.
The information that I have mentioned here might be helpful to know how to take a screenshot on a Mac. Open your screenshots with Preview, Safari and other applications that are used to edit or view images. A few applications such as DVD player may not make you take a screenshot of their windows. All the screenshot files can be saved only in a .PNG format on the desktop of Mac OS X or 10.6 and later version. If you have any doubts reagrding this issues can comment us below.