The Top 10 Best Free Video Editing Softwares: Most of us capture the best moment in life either on a Smartphone or DSLR. Nowadays Video editing is a universal way to express, share and create the evergreen moments that can last forever. But we get confused about the best video editing software? Sometimes it is quite hard to find a single video editor which fits the preference of our style for video editing. If you are looking to become a professional video editor then you can have a glance at this blog. Don’t get worried you might find the better solution regarding video editing. With all the choices in mind today I am going to discuss the best video editors.
Best Video Editing Software:
With the advanced technology in everyday applications Video editing also become an easy and successful task. You may find a number of editing software tools in both the free and paid versions which might be a quite difficult to choose the best one. However, check out all the best video editing software from this post.
1: Premiere Elements 15
Premiere Elements 15 is the best and excellent video editing tool on overall versions of Adobe’s Premiere Pro. With the user-friendly interface and all the features of Premiere can be enjoyed by both the amateurs as well as professionals. After importing the media it organizes a standard workflow of video clips into a timeline. For previewing a final video apply the post effects for the video.
It easily simplifies for creating a dramatic look at action scenes. You can create video collages, save and backup projects, special audio effects, and landscapes. As this software is a paid version of cost 89$ where you are required to buy.
- Supports the third party music remix in a perfect length for the video.
- Create Collage, Slideshow, and a video story.
- Use the video haze removal tool.
- Burn the videos to DVD, Blu-Ray.
- You can share the videos after editing on social networking applications.
2: AVS Video Editor
AVS Video Editor is one of the best video editing software for Windows and developed by Online Media Technologies Limited. Mainly this tool allows editing the home videos with effort. The app lets you add various menu styles and burn media into DVD or Blu-Ray discs. An easy user interfaces application with a classic editor design layout that is dedicated to the media library and preview Window.
If you are interested in the video editing applications such as Windows Movie Maker then AVS Video Editor is quite similar to it. Also, includes various transition effects, video effects or overlays, and text. Additional overlays for audio and video with special effects to your media. AVS Video Editor is a full-featured and easy to use that enables to edit and convert your videos into various formats. This software is available in paid version of cost 59$ and has an unlimited trial version.
- Supports for HD video editing.
- Capture and Share videos on social networking applications.
- Manage various video formats includes AVI, MPEG, DVD, Blu-Ray, MOV, MP4, WMV, AMV, GIF and much more.
- Create a video for mobile players.
- Supports 300 video effects.
- AVS Video Editor is available in the languages English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Russian and Spanish.
3: Apple Final Cut Pro
Apple Final Cut Pro is particularly made for Mac computers. A series of non-linear video editing software that was first developed by Macromedia and later on to Apple Inc. As this software is best for Mac users with its outstanding features. This app comes with a natural and excellent interface that helps to add a timeline feature for video editors. One of the most effective tools that I have ever used before.
The timeline features and intuitive interface are perfect features for post-production. Automatic color coding for specific clips in track and drag and drop allows importing Final Cut Pro. You need to buy this software at a cost of 300$ which supports only on Mac Platform. Even for the beginners and professionals, Final Cut Pro comes with wide variety of templates, effects, and video changes.
- Timecode effect is used to know the exact footage.
- Supports large media and content browsers for viewing the photo libraries, titles and select a range of music clip before dragging them to timeline.
- Easy to follow workflow with color coding.
- Remove effects and attributes.
- Continuous Playback for clips in the browser.
- Supports any video format that is compatible with QuickTime.
4: Sony Vegas Pro
Sony Vegas Pro is a professional video and audio editor which includes high-quality HD videos. This software was now owned and run by Magix Software GmbH. Comparing to other video editing software such as Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro, Sony Vegas Pro follows only the Sony workflow logic which is quite different from the both. Supports to import media from multiple devices including HD video.
Sony Vegas Pro is the best video editing software for the professionals of Windows platform who required to pay $599.95. A trial version also available for the software. The unique features of Vegas are real-time multitrack video and audio editing on unlimited tracks and Dolby digital sound mixing.
- Tons of audio, video effects and filters.
- Supports almost all formats of videos mostly includes HD.
- Independent resolution for video sequence.
- Supports specific tools to work with text layers and subtitles.
- Image quality can be optimized easily.
- The quality of video and audio soundtrack in general.
- Supports VST Plugins.
Cyberlink PowerDirector is One of the best video editing software for Windows. As this tool can be used in an easier way with its natural interface even for the new users. With a number of the premium features, the product really differs itself and includes 360-degree video editing. To control over every scene in detail. PowerDirector from Cyberlink is a consumer-focused software for video editing and accustom the tool in seconds.
Perfectly capture the atmosphere of family moments with some themed templates that have effects, transitions, animations, and music. Requires internet connection for activating the initial software and file formats. You can keep editing the video even though away from PC because Cyberlink has published a tool app for Smartphones. Adds the TrueTheatre color for dramatic depth by the adjustment of saturation to look exactly as an HDR footage. You need to buy this software to use at a cost of 47$ which is compatible only with Windows.
- An easy home video editing software with more than 500 editing tools and effects.
- Supports linear timecode display and storyboard mode.
- Limited template pack.
- At the beginning of the video, production fro 5 seconds watermark appear.
- Supported languages are English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Japenese, Korean, Dutch.
- A few file formats are supported for this video editing software is AVI, FLV, MPEG, MP4, DAT, MVC, MKV, and WMV.
6: Windows Movie Maker
Although Windows Movie Maker is not supported for Windows anymore still you can access with Wayback machine. With its simple user interface helps to add the transitions, set up tracks and export the videos into a windows media format. You can choose a simple theme to express the unique style. After the completion of editing your video, you can share with your dear ones.
If you use the old Windows version still you can use Windows Movie Maker by a single click on start option to scroll down for “All Programs” and then click on “Accessories”. Finally, click on Windows Movie Maker for making home movies or videos by drag and drop in a simple manner. As this software is free to use for video editing which is compatible only with Windows.
- Supports many video effects and transitions.
- The titles, audio files can be added while editing a video.
- Trim and split the video with a perfect timeline narration.
- Supports webcam feature that has an HD video and these videos can be easily uploaded to the social networks like Facebook.
- Linear timecode display.
- Supports almost all the file formats that are compatible with Windows.
7: Pinnacle Studio 20 Ultimate
Pinnacle Studio 20 Ultimate is the best storytelling software used widely for Windows devices. With the new multi-camera, you can make a video edit more exciting and interesting. You can add up to 6 tracks while editing the timeline. One of the best choice for editing, organizing, exporting, and provide all kind of videos including 4K format.
No other video editing software combines the both modes into one workflow as this software. You are required to buy this software at a cost of $74 which is compatible only with Windows. Easily perform the task allows to import and build a variety of features from the video and media clips. With two modes availability, one is for a timeline layout by sounds and clips and the other is a storyboard mode which allows the each media clip in its own way.
- Supports a 24 video and audio editing tracks.
- Add styles more than 1,800+ titles, transitions, templates and 2D/3D effects for creating a perfect story.
- Choose the perfect audio and sounds from the ScoreFitter library.
- Share your video in the social networking applications like Youtube, Facebook without leaving the software.
- The supported file formats of the software are AVI, MVC, DVD, MPEG-4, MP4, and QuickTime.
- Supports HD quality for the video.
The Lightworks is a complete video package for creativity mainly to the forefront of film editing. One of the video editor that supports in different platforms for Windows, Mac OS, and Linux. But the user interface is very technical so that many of the users believe hard to use. Lightworks software can be available in both the free and pro versions where it includes many features in the free version.
Lightwork is a free software to download and it has the pro version as well. Mainly it includes the export option from a web and also import and export the background. With dedicated keyboard for video editing and multi-cam to impress the real-time effects that are able to use when it comes for a professional edit.
- Simple user interface.
- Add to edit up to 256 videos, audio and image clips.
- Easy to edit and trim the timeline.
- Share the video with social networking applications like YouTube, Vimeo.
- Export the video into SD/HD and also 4K.
- Supports the HD quality file format for the software.
9: Corel VideoStudio
Corel VideoStudio is the best software for beginners which comes from the same family of CorelDraw a graphics suite. Offers an equal set of features comparing to Adobe or Cyberlink product line. As this supports a 4K, 360 degrees, VR, multi-cam editing and a royal free music. For the beginners, it is easy to learn the “Checkmarks” which lets you know the usage of clips already.
Corel supports almost every format and includes multi-monitor support and easy title creation for the full version. Makes the fun and fast to create the movies or videos. To have this software you need to subscribe at a cost of 75$ which is compatible with Windows platform. With the ultimate version, you can get more features as speed in video editing and easy way to create overlays.
- Supports the High Definition quality for videos.
- With the 64-bit performance supports multiple formats.
- Share the video with social networking applications.
- Displays linear timecode.
- Almost every output format can be supported
Wondershare is one of the most beautiful and effective video software that has been seen for a long time. In an easy way, you can create the amazing videos with powerful editing tools. For every month new collections are added such as filters, animated effects, and modern video effects. With the PIP (Picture In Picture) track supports the multiple layers of video clips.
The background can be easily changed and create special effects using the Chroma Key. Filmora is available in both the paid and free versions where the watermark can be seen on output files. As this software can trial for free and paid version costs at $49.99 compatible with Mac and Windows.
- Drag and drop your videos with graphics.
- Combine multiple videos and images seamlessly.
- Choose perfect royalty free music from the library.
- Supports to import, edit and export videos with 4K editing resolution and GIF files.
- Share your video with the social networking applications like Facebook.
- Adjust the white balance to the clips.
- Advanced text editing and easily record the screen of your webcam and computer.
- Remove unwanted noise in the background easily.
The information that I have mentioned here might be helpful to know about the best video editing software. For becoming a professional video editor have a glance on all the software listed here. If you have any doubts regarding this issues can comment us below.